Minecav Move

12 replies
7r580 aOWNERSTAFFMOD
Votes:
+52
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Hey all,

I'm going to be moving Minecav from it's current host on the dedicated back to a shared service soon. We went dedicated so we'd have a website and the ability to do pservers. But since we don't do pservers anymore and our site in on Enjin, we don't need to spend a lot of money all this dedicated hardware anymore. :)

So as of today I've got Minecav shut down so I can do full backups of everything. That may take a couple of days, it's a lot of data. Then after that I'll see what I can do about getting it back up in a shared scenario and save some $. We're just down for a bit while moving, but we are not closing permanently.

In the mean time please feel free to post here on the forums, share your stories and keep checking for the latest info!

Thanks!

-7r
7r580 - Owner
Minecav Support Team

Medieval-Full.gif
Posted Apr 21, 17 · OP
List
Undo
GalaxyDew STAFFMOD
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Alrighty! (So that's why I couldn't join... xD)
EtherealGalaxy - Staff
Minecav Support Team

Torchlight-Full.gif
Posted Apr 21, 17
7r580 aOWNERSTAFFMOD
Votes:
+52
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Haha yeah. I started a backup of everything, over 300,000 files lol. Will see where it's at in a day or so. I may throw up the lobby and one server on a temp box this weekend just to have something going. :)
7r580 - Owner
Minecav Support Team

Medieval-Full.gif
Posted Apr 21, 17 · OP
List
Undo
7r580 aOWNERSTAFFMOD
Votes:
+52
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Just a quick update! We're still in the process of moving. Will be another week or so then we will begin to bring up servers here and there. First of course the lobby. But our hardware is not as "robust" so we may decide not to run as many as we previously had. So, the question for you all is what servers were your favorites and the ones you want back! Let us know!
7r580 - Owner
Minecav Support Team

Medieval-Full.gif
Posted Apr 27, 17 · OP
List
Undo
GalaxyDew STAFFMOD
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Some of my favorites are: "HideAndSeek", "ZombieSurvival", "KitPVP", and "Creative".
EtherealGalaxy - Staff
Minecav Support Team

Torchlight-Full.gif
Posted Apr 28, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+5
Untagged users
Some of my favourite servers were: Zombie Survival, Kit Pvp, Cops and Robbers, Hide and seek, and Skywars! Hope this helps! :)
Posted Apr 28, 17
List
Undo
7r580 aOWNERSTAFFMOD
Votes:
+52
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Awsome! Ok! We should probably have the lobby and 1 or 2 servers back up this week sometime, that's the goal. Work has been brutal, so it's been taking time away from me. Will get something going though. :)
7r580 - Owner
Minecav Support Team

Medieval-Full.gif
Posted May 1, 17 · OP
List
Undo
7r580 aOWNERSTAFFMOD
Votes:
+52
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Working on setting up a new server now, then will put the lobby in and test connections. :)
Posted May 5, 17 · OP
7r580 aOWNERSTAFFMOD
Votes:
+52
Level 3
LEVEL 3
New server is up. I'm making backups of the servers to a flash drive, then will copy them over. Getting there! :)
7r580 - Owner
Minecav Support Team

Medieval-Full.gif
Posted May 6, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+5
Untagged users
Hey 7r,
I was wondering if the server IP is the same, or different, because the server isn't working for me. If you haven't quite finished setting up the server then don't worry. I was just curious as to why I cannot go on the server.
Posted May 22, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Top Posters
143 Posts
7r580 OWNERSTAFFMOD
34 Posts
GalaxyDew STAFFMOD
23 Posts